Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And The Name Is...

Okay! So I thought I would start out my first blog post by sharing one of my favorite types of paintings: Names. Remember in junior high when you would doodle your name and make each letter have its own design? Well, these paintings are just my upgraded version of those doodles! The first time I had the idea to create one of these name paintings was when I was trying to decorate my living room. I wanted to display my husband's and my last name as a decoration, and I came up with this. My husband, Sinclair, was sweet enough to cut out a board for me to put the letters on, and we both loved the finished product! So, the name decoration became a fun one for me when I wanted to create a personalized gift for someone.


Here are a few others that I have done. The first one was a birthday gift that I did for my neice. She had just decided that she wanted to decorate her room in black and lime green, and I wanted to help out! The other two names were gifts for baby showers that I did based on the colors and themes of the nurseries for the expected little ones.







1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see your first post. Praying the orders start pouring in.

    ReplyDelete