Friday, January 14, 2011

Words from God

These are a few of my paintings of Bible verses. The first one was one that I did for my living room. My husband and I both love the verse because it reminds us that we should always consider how our actions portray Christ. If we claim to be Christians, everything we do should positively represent Him. Those who do not know Christ look at us to see what He's like. Although we are sinners and make mistakes, we can still show Christ's grace and love in how we handle those mistakes and how we reach out to others to help them with their mistakes.
 

I love how these next two turned out! The first one was an order from a good friend to his sweet wife for a birthday gift. It has a great message about not worrying. Worrying will not help anything, so just pray about your worries and do your best to let God handle them. Yeah, that sounds easier than it is sometimes, but He'll give you everything you need! I enjoyed painting the flower in the background. I think it kind of helps with the message of having peace in God.



This last painting was an order for a verse to go above the door, which is a fitting place for this particular verse. I had fun making the footprints on this one. I thought they helped make the point that God is watching over you no matter where you go. I had trouble finding a canvas with dimensions that would work for the size of the verse and also fit in the space above the doorway. So, I had my hubby cut out a board with the perfect dimensions, and it worked really well. He's so helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment